* The first chapter of Full Metal Bitch
went live this past weekend. Reviews have been very positive, though I'm a little mystified at how some reviewers have talked about FMB's Toph being a deconstruction of her status as a memetic badass in AtLA fandom. I didn't intend it that way and now I'm a little anxious about how the rest of the story will be received.
* On that note, Chapter 2 of FMB has hit the 2,000 word mark. It's all pretty heavily fragmented -- combining The Chase
and Bitter Work
into one 'episode' is a son of a bitch. I'll be stepping away from the project for a few days so I can some perspective.
* Been doing more outlining on my Big Bang genderswap fic. Katara keeps Haru, but Sonna gets Jet. (By the way, there is a serious dearth of eligable male characters in AtLA if you change Sokka into a girl.)
* I've been completely stalled out on Chapter 9-C of FFO
at about 90% completion. I know how it has to end but it's just not coming to me. If this keeps up, I'll probably have to push back the initial posting date into May. I didn't figure on FMB and writer's block derailing my production schedule for FFO.
* I'm writing for this thing. If you
join it, I might even end up writing you p0rn!
Order of the Lotus Fanfic Swap! Sign-Ups from April 19, 2010 until May 7, 2010!!!